BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I didn't think my choices for next year could get more confusing...

The stats for the mass communication job market are a little depressing. Check out the article here.

My public relations teacher, Dr. Miller, had us read the article "Job Market turns much worse." I know she wanted us to think a little more realistically, but really it made me a little depressed.
"Only six in 10 of the graduates had full-time employment six to eight months after graduation," said a quote from the article.
Even though this statistic might seem a little daunting, I think I can still be optimistic. Here at GCSU, we students have to have real world experience from internships and practicums before we are able to graduate. I think this puts us one step closer to getting a job. A lot of other universities don't have that requirement so they don't have the opportunity to gain that experience before entering the job market.
I also think that I can be optimistic because not only do I have a public relations concentration, I am also majoring in advertising. I think this gives me a wider range of employment opportunities. My minor in Marketing does this as well.
I think that the statistics on employment rates could be right, but I have different views on what will happen in my future. I think that we all have something to look forward to. I think that we should all stop concentrating on how bad the economy is and start concentrating on how we can overcome those difficulties.
Good Luck!

0 comments: