BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Big wide world of PR... watch out!

It's strange to think that I am done with my public relations concentration and ready to face the professional world of PR. I feel that with the education I've received at GCSU and the experience I've had the pleasure of participated in, I am fully equipped to handle what the real world can throw at me. 

 

I've learned more than I have the time or patience to write out for you, but here is the top ten list: 

 

10. Greatly improved writing skills. This is a must in any field, but the ability to write a effective press release is necessary in public relations. 

 

9. How to put together a campaign book. It's a lot more work than you could imagine. 

 

8. Always act in a professional manner. You should always act as professional as possible no matter the situation at hand or the kind of attitude the people around you might have. You never know who could be watching. 

 

7. How to work with many different kinds of people. You will have to deal with this in the real world, so you might as well get used to the ups and downs of working with others.

 

6. Pitch an idea. Everyone needs to be a GREAT salesperson. 

 

5. Plan, execute, and evaluate a public relations campaign

 

4. How to deal with the roller coaster of planning events. You will always need a back-up plan to deal with a crisis because it doesn't matter how prepared you might be, something will not go as planned. 

 

3. How to use Quark, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. All of these programs come in handy and I love working with them! 

 

2. Social media. This is so important in these technology focused times. 

 

1. Network! Every situation is a networking opportunity.

0 comments: